STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE,
IN WHATEVER YOU DO!
Bryleigh ‘Madi’ Newberry
2018 Press Release
Stan & Thelma Plumlee Scholarship
Bryleigh ‘Madi’ Newberry of Dickson, TN
Dickson County High School
Receives Prestigious 2018
Stan and Thelma Plumlee Scholarship
The 2019 Scholarship Application Forms
will be available in the Fall of 2018.
Check Back in late October!
General Scholarship Information & Requirements
Scholarship applicants MUST be associated with the manufactured or modular housing industry, to be considered. For example, living in a manufactured or modular home; or working in the manufactured or modular industry; or by having a close relative who works in the manufactured or modular industry [such as mother/father, brother/sister, aunt/uncle or grandparents].
In order for a student to receive the entire Stan & Thelma Plumlee Scholarship Award of $8,000, the following criteria must be followed:
- Must have graduated from a Tennessee High School (public, private, parochial) or equivalent (GED).
- Must be accepted by a Tennessee institute of higher learning.
- The institute of higher learning must be a Tennessee public or private university or college, a junior college, or an accredited trade/technical school.
- Scholarship is for a maximum of four years, up to the maximum of $8000. Tuition is paid in increments of $1,000 per semester, as long as the following criteria are met:
- Must be a full time student.
- Student must notify their institute of higher learning, an official transcript for the prior semester shall be submitted, along with an invoice for payment and a stated verification the student is enrolled in the upcoming semester. This shall be completed in order for the scholarship to be renewed on the per semester scheduled disbursement.
- Following the below stated schedule, the transcript must be accompanied with an invoice, printed on university letterhead, along with a statement which verifies the student is enrolled in the upcoming semester, for each semester payment request which is submitted and received by the Tennessee Housing Association (THA) Board of Directors.
- For the fall academic session, documentation must be submitted by the institution in July, preceding attendance to the fall semester.
- For the spring academic session, documentation must be submitted by the institution in December, preceding attendance to the spring semester.
- If we do not receive the invoice, transcript and enrollment verification by the above listed dates, a forfeiture of funds may occur for that semester.
- It is the student’s responsibility to remind the institution of this requirement, and to follow up with the institution’s assigned coordinator, to ensure compliance has been completed.
Criteria for Revocation of Scholarship:
- Falls below good standing.
Not making appropriate progress.
Placed on social probation.